Sunday, May 30, 2010

2009-2010 TSS Blog: Differentiated Instruction

2009-2010 TSS Blog: Differentiated Instruction
Being the 1st grade inclusion teacher at my school this year, I've found myself searching for ways to differentiate instruction so that all my students receive what they need in order to be successful. Jeanie Rottle offered some valuable and useful ideas I was able to incorporate into my classroom. The most useful tool for me was the curriculum map which addresses all learning styles. It is such a well laid out and thought out graphic organizer which makes addressing all subject areas and learning styles an easy task. Evidently, visual learning is one of my styles because seeing it all written out on this organizer made the task at hand much clearer. At the workshop I picked up extra curriculum maps for my 1st grade team and had them laminated. I look forward to us working together this next year and planning according to Jeanie Rottle's maps.

Tammy Durrance
Fox Elementary

1 comment:

  1. Many people think that they are too busy for "one more thing." They should not look at differentiated instruction as something "more" to do, but as a way of making teaching easier not only for themselves but their students. Ultimately, having our classroom set up for students to learn more effectively will relieve stress for teachers.

    ReplyDelete